How often do you look around at your life and realize how many little things you desperately, urgently need to do? Followed by the instant realization that there are not enough hours in the week to get them all done. Hopefully you don’t do this too often because it can be a somewhat hellish vortex of despair. Once in a while though it can help you to put together a bullet-point list so you can prioritize those needs into something resembling sanity.
In the spirit of transparency here is what my current list looks like:
- Make and eat lunch
- Stay on top of the ongoing Magic: The Gathering Arena beta
- Keep up on my RSS feed for news
- Finish editing two videos I’m working on
- Officially start on my SW: Legion content – Unboxing/Assembling/Priming/Painting 1 or more models by the end of this week.
- Write-up on Ni No Kuni and my first handful of hours with it.
- Back to Vermintide 2 for at least an hour or two this week.
- Podcast tomorrow with Soapy – Need to write my outline
- Editing and finalizing the last two podcasts we’ve done so they’re ready to upload
- Improving my editing and looking for ways to improve the cast
- Music of some kind for the intro? I dunno, something I’m thinking about.
- Finalizing my notes for this Saturday’s D&D game
- Choosing a topic for the next blog post (Not including this one) options i’m considering:
- Epic open sourcing $12mil in Paragon game assets after its closure.
- Some thoughts on the Might and Magic mobile game
- A “Why” for the Nintendo Switch for a friend who didn’t buy one and is curious. Plus I really like the system.
- Video Game Movies
- Probably other things too
- Making additional tweaks to the camera I’m using because blurry is not what you want while working with minis.
- Working on taking more editing time with my posts. I really need to do this. For now I’m just happy to get things done and up but the quality could really be better. Better to establish good habits now than try to do it later.
- Stream a little more often when I make time for games. I may as well since it’s not really intrusive to what I’m already doing and it seems fun? We’ll see.
And of course there is more that isn’t even related to what is going on with this blog because life is life. The one thing that I will say about my head first dive into all of this starting a couple weeks ago is that it feels so markedly different than anything else I’ve ever attempted and eventually abandoned. I don’t mind doing it. All of the other things I’ve had to learn while doing this don’t feel like a burden, it’s fun and educational but it keeps me at 100% capacity all day with few breaks. I don’t know if that is good or bad right now but I didn’t burn out after the first day or get bored with any aspect of it and that isn’t really something I’m familiar with.
So… good? We’ll see but for now I’m enjoying it and it feels good to be productive on things I actually care about. I don’t know where it’s going or how it will end up but I’m going to try and find out for once instead of tossing it. I’ve already cleared quite a few speed-bumps which is another thing that usually derails my ambition.
At any rate, no more rambling. Stuff to do! I’ll be back around here on Saturday or Sunday evening with one of the articles I mentioned up top. I’m hoping as I continue to do this a few days a week that it’ll help me tighten my game up and get faster as I do it.
Now, for some fun! Someone on Twitter was asking about the molds on the SW: Legion figures so I took a few close up pics so he could get an idea. I honestly think they look great and the details look like a lot of fun to paint! Feel free to have a look.
Thanks for hanging with me, happy gaming!